The Historical Society is solely supported by grants, donations, membership and VOLUNTEERS!
GREETERS & DOCENTS – Volunteers are always needed to be Greeters during our open season.
MUSEUM VISITING SEASON OPENS ON MAY 1ST. Please consider joining the team to be a greeter on a Friday or a Sunday afternoon from 1 pm – 2 pm. We ask that you donate one day a month. In our busiest season you might only volunteer six days between May and November. Substitutes are needed also. If a signed volunteer cannot make a scheduled date, they will call in advance and a substitute will replace them.
COMMITTEE VOLUNTEERS – There are several committees that would welcome your help! Volunteer for one event, one day, or schedule volunteer dates at your leisure.
Our committees are:
- Education – assist with research on specific topics, assist with tours and programs, assist with presentation materials.
- Exhibits – plan future exhibits, construct exhibits and maintain exhibits.
- Local History – enjoy researching topics, updating information as it is found and writing articles for the newsletter or newspapers. Research genealogy for incoming requests.
- Membership – recruit new members and assist with following membership status.
- Newsletter – collect articles from committees and articles and photos of interest to place in the newsletter and /or assist in mailing newsletter to members.
- Programs – set up programs for the membership Quarterly Meetings and for special events.
- Model Railroad – assist with maintenance, attend in house and outreach programs to share information
- Fundraisers and Special Events – we rely on many volunteers to make our special events successful.
Please consider us any time of the year! The office is open all year Tuesday and Thursday10 am–4 pm.
Call (262) 569-0740 or email us email@example.com for more information